The International Union of Marine Insurance (IUMI) is a professional body which is run by and for its members. IUMI represents national and international marine insurers and considers issues of interest to the worldwide marine insurance industry. IUMI has a unique status in the world of marine and transport insurance. Its members are dedicated to maintaining and expanding global trade focusing both on developed and emerging markets.
To be the influential and trusted voice of global marine insurance.
Consistently raising professional standards in marine insurance through:
- Timely and topical information, statistics and risk expertise
- Education, insight and guidance
- Networking opportunities
- Effective lobbying
IUMI's members are national insurance and marine insurance associations. In addition, organisations and companies engaged in activities related to marine insurance can become IUMI Professional Partners (IPPs).
- IUMI provides a forum to discuss and exchange ideas of common interest to marine insurers and reinsurers.
- IUMI protects and advances the interests of its membership.
- IUMI maintains a worldwide communication network to exchange views and ideas on matters of marine insurance and reinsurance which are then disseminated to all interested parties including the shipping industry, surveyors and the legal sector.
- IUMI lobbies to defend its members' interests with organisations such as the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and other specialist agencies.