During the IUMI council meeting, that took place during the annual conference in September in Cape Town, various individuals were elected into IUMI committees.
The new appointments are as follows:
- Executive Committee – The new committee comprises:
- Richard Turner (United Kingdom)
- Mike McKenna (USA)
- Frédéric Denèfle (France)
- Jan-Hugo Marthinsen (Norway)
- Colin Sprott (United Kingdom)
- Patrizia Kern-Ferretti (Switzerland)
- Takeshi Miyazaki (Japan)
- Lars Lange (Secretary General)
Dieter Berg (Germany) exited as President, Agnes Choi (Hong Kong), Frank Costa (USA) and Lars Rhodin (Sweden) exited as vice chairs.
Nominating Committee – The new committee comprises of:
- Alessandro Morelli (Italy), Chair
- Dieter Berg (Germany)
- Michael Davies (Singapore)
- Dennis Marvin (USA)
- Lars Rhodin (Sweden)
- Richard Turner (United Kingdom) as EC Liaison
Tim Pembroke and Ole Wikborg are stepping down from the committee.
Legal & Liability Committee
Charles Fernandez, Head of the Marine Liability and Hull team at Canopius Syndicate at Lloyd’s, has been elected the new Chair of the Legal & Liability Committee by the committee following Frédéric Denèfle completing his four-year term. Brian Murphy, Vice President Manager, Marine Underwriting New York at Berkley Offshore, has been elected the new Vice-Chair of the Committee.
Ocean Hull Committee
Rama Chandran, Head of Marine for QBE Singapore, has been elected the new Chair of the Ocean Hull Committee by the committee, following Mark Edmondson completing his four-year term. Jan Limnell, Director at Alandia Marine, has been elected the new Vice-Chair of the Committee