World Maritime University 2022 bursaries

The World Maritime University (WMU) and IUMI share many common interests in the field of maritime and oceans. These include the development of expertise, the protection of the marine environment and the building of capacity worldwide. Based on this mutual understanding, an MOU was signed in 2020 and includes IUMI’s support in the delivery of WMU’s Marine Insurance Law & Practice Postgraduate Diploma. This long-established programme offers an outstanding academic foundation for professionals in the marine insurance industry to develop their expertise and their careers, as well as professionals planning to move into the field of marine insurance.

As part of the MOU, IUMI awards two partial bursaries for the Postgraduate Diploma in Marine Insurance Law & Practice. Candidates who successfully pass the IUMI Hull Exam or the IUMI Cargo Exam are invited to apply for two bursaries per academic year for the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Both bursaries cover 75% (US$ 6,562.50) of the full tuition fee for each candidate. The remaining 25% of the tuition fee (US$ 2,187.50) is borne by the winners themselves.

This year IUMI’s Education Forum chose to award the 2022 bursaries to two highly accomplished individuals:

  • Satoshi Hashiba, Marine Claims, Sompo Japan Insurance Inc., Tokyo
  • Muniruddin Hassan, Chief Operating Officer (COO), QNS Container Services Ltd, Chittagong

Congratulations from IUMI and best of luck for your studies at the World Maritime University!